Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring is in the air
















Well spring is here and so is the Spring cleaning. We spent Saturday cleaning out the shed, repairing the trampline, planting the garden, and starting up the old BBQ. It was a busy day but well worth the work. I love spring cleaning. I get to take everything out and get rid of things I haven't used in a while to make room for the new stuff (when it comes).


Last year Carl emptied the oil in our lawn mower to clean it up and told me specifically to not start it up. Well, I got impatient and decided to mow the lawn myself. I didn't get to far when it starting smoking up and burnt out the engine. After which I remember Carl telling me not to start it up. OUCH!!! Despite my stupidity, Our Heavenly Father is still blessing us and while Carl was getting rid of a truck load of stuff to Poke n Peek, someone was also getting rid of a lawn mower that sputtered a bit. Nothing Carl can't fix. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Emily said...

i LOVE spring! What a cute family you have! What did you plant? I can't believe you're already trying to mow the lawn.

You need to be closer to us.

Allison said...

Hurray for spring cleaning! I love cleaning out closets, packing away snow clothes, and dejunking! It is so rejuvenating (not to mention my complete and utter happiness at seeing things appears magically from the ground after a winter's covering). Love those kids! You are lucky to have such a handyman!